Okay its taken 4 minutes to get this page to load so I have to write really fast because I only have 3 minutes left of internet! Let me give you the highlights from the rural homestay:
1. Stayed in a grass thatched hut with bats
2. Pit latrine was actually really clean, except for the flies that came flying out of it.
3. Family was really cool, even the cute kids who just stared at us.
4. The village was beautiful and the people so nice and welcoming!
5. Learned about the numerous challenges villagers and farmers face in a rural area and how the government has failed to support them.
Gotta go!
Mia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, grass thatched hut, I have seen scenes of that part of African living so much on TV, now you are really experienced it!
ReplyDeleteMia-
ReplyDeleteThis all sounds so amazing!!! I can't wait to hear about everything when you get back in the winter!!! Meara and I both miss having you here in our house, but I know the adventures you are having are absolutely wonderful!!! Can't wait to read more about it and to see you when you get back!! We will have to have another "old lady" night when you get back!! Good luck with all of your adventures to come!!
Amanda